Running an insurance agency can be incredibly challenging. It comes with all of the difficulties associated with operating your own small business, while also complying with the standards set by your associated parent company (like State Farm or Allstate).
When you are trying to build your business, it can be hard to juggle the tasks that actually make you money (selling insurance) with all of the paperwork and more mundane jobs (like lead generation or following up on claims). Fortunately, there is a low cost option for insurance agencies: an insurance virtual assistant.
Virtual assistants cost a fraction of what a full-time employee would, and can do all (or virtually all) of the same tasks. At Tasks Assistant, our insurance virtual assistants’ rate starts at just $4.99 per hour. Give us a call today to learn more about how our virtual assistants can help your insurance business grow.
What Is an Insurance Virtual Assistant?
An insurance virtual assistant is a professional who works remotely to handle tasks for your insurance agency. They are specially trained to understand the ins and outs of the insurance business, from initial applications for coverage to claims.
While an insurance virtual assistant is part of your team, they are not employees. This means that you won’t have to pay them a salary, insurance, or benefits. Instead, you’ll just pay their hourly rate. At Tasks Assistant, this rate starts at just $4.99 per hour – which you never have to pay unless you are satisfied with your assistant’s work.
The median salary for an administrative assistant in the United States is $39,680 annually. On top of wages, you will typically be responsible for benefits, insurance, and taxes. By comparison, even if you have an insurance virtual assistant working full-time, it may cost as little as $9,500 per year – without any additional expenses!
What Can an Insurance Virtual Assistant Do for Your Agency?
One of the biggest benefits of hiring an insurance virtual assistant is that you can delegate time-consuming tasks to them so that you can focus on the parts of your job that bring in money. This is particularly important in the current economy, where it can be difficult to find workers – let alone qualified staff who are willing to work hard!
An insurance virtual assistant can perform almost any job that you need them to take on for you. This may include:
- Data entry, migration and/or reconciliation into your AMS/CMS system: an insurance virtual assistant can move data between different software programs, clean up your data, override premiums and commissions inside of your systems, spot and fix errors, and otherwise ensure that your reporting is correct.
- Pipeline management: there are a number of great sales enablement tools with pipelines for sales, service, and renewals, like Better Agency. An insurance virtual assistant can make sure that each contact is in the correct pipeline and optimize your CRM.
- Email inbox management: the average insurance agent’s email inbox is flooded with emails from carriers, clients, and marketers. A virtual assistant can keep your inbox organized and ensure that you only have to see emails that actually require your attention.
- Underwriter warm transfer: insurance agents often spend a substantial amount of time on hold waiting for an underwriter or carrier representative. An insurance virtual assistant can make the call, talk to the underwriter, and then transfer the call to you once the underwriter is back on the phone.
- Payment processing: an insurance virtual assistant can take payments over the phone with certain security measures in place.
- New business and renewal quote preparation: quote preparation is a task that can take a lot of time. A properly trained insurance virtual assistant can handle data entry for new business quotes and for existing clients, which will make it easier to generate quotes for review by a licensed insurance agent.
- Answering phones: at an insurance agency, it isn’t unusual for the phone to ring all day. Your insurance virtual assistance can be added to your VOIP and field inbound calls for your agency.
- Telemarketing cold leads and appointment setting: once your virtual assistant is trained on the phone, they could make cold calls to find new business and then set appointments.
- Endorsement processing: an insurance virtual assistant can process all customer endorsements on carrier websites, and then notate the AMS with the notes, files received, and carrier confirmation.
- Social media: an insurance virtual assistant can manage your social media accounts, write blog posts, and more.
Of course, there are certain tasks that an insurance virtual assistant cannot do, such as issuing new policies. Be sure that you are only delegating tasks that are appropriate. If you have questions about what your insurance virtual assistant can and cannot do, check your state’s licensing regulations.
How the Process Works
Getting an insurance virtual assistant that meets your needs is relatively simple. To start, we will schedule a call with you to learn more about your business and where you could use help. We will then select a virtual assistant from our roster of highly-qualified assistants.
Once you have been assigned an insurance virtual assistant, you will have an opportunity to talk to them over Skype, Zoom, Slack, or another method to talk to them about what you would like them to do. If you decide to hire the assistant, you will be able to use the same technologies to communicate with your assistant.
All of our virtual assistants are based in Mumbai, India. However, they work across all time zones so that they are available when you need them. Their hourly rates start at $4.99, and you only pay if you are satisfied with their work. You will never be asked to pay a start-up fee or to sign a contract for minimum commitment.
Your assistant will be given log-in credentials for the various systems or programs that you would like them to use. They can also use cloud-based technology to upload documents. Because everything is stored digitally, you will have 24/7 access to account information and other data.
Because an insurance virtual agent may be asked to handle sensitive financial information, it is important to know that Tasks Assistant takes security very seriously. We use a thorough vetting process when hiring assistants, including performing background checks. We also conduct regular spot checks to ensure compliance so that you can be assured that your assistant is trustworthy.
Communicating with your virtual assistant is easy. You can choose your preferred method of communication – such as email, Skype, or Slack – and set up a regular time to chat. You can also simply shoot your assistant a text or email to ask them to complete a task.
Grow Your Insurance Business with a Virtual Assistant
Many insurance agencies could benefit from having an assistant to take on time-intensive tasks – but may not have the budget to hire a full-time employee. A virtual assistant gives you all of the benefits of an assistant, without the high cost.
Tasks Assistant is dedicated to helping entrepreneurs get the workers that they need for a fraction of the cost. We offer a range of high-quality virtual assistant services, including assistants who have experience and training in the insurance industry. We will work with you to ensure that you get exactly the assistant that you need to help your business thrive.
To learn more, give us a call at 1-888-557-8678. You can also send us an email or Skype us at Support-TA at any time.